Surrealism

Aug - 22 2023 | By

Surrealism: illogical scenes and developed techniques to allow the unconscious mind to express itself.

By: Satie and Varese

Surrealism means to put something where it doesn’t belong. Surrealism is always going to be abnormal and mostly all the time will show something that will never happen. Surrealism lets the mind wonder and make up its own ideas and let its imagination run wild. I chose this photo to signify surrealism because it’s odd, but it also has a message in my opinion. To me it’s saying that the water is drying out and we will soon lose it all.

I chose this photo for the meaning explained in the first paragraph. there is a dry land with the sun hitting the glass bottle. Inside the glass bottle is a small whale but, whales wouldn’t fit in a bottle so that is an example of surrealism. another way you can see it is a normal sized whale in a big bottle which a big bottle like that would not exist to put that much water into it. The last thing about this photo that shows surrealism is a hard thing to notice but the shrub in the background fully green even though the land is rock dry, also it wouldn’t be raining in a climate like this.

Write you response